Step 1: Research Crime
- Speak with neighbors about crime concerns and current prevention solutions.
- Research crimes in your area at Raidsonline.com.
Step 2: Contact Police
- Contact your local police department (USAcops.com)
- Tell them you want to start a neighborhood watch and need further direction.
Step 3: Find Location
- Ask local restaurants, libraries, or community centers if you can reserve space to hold meetings (The police may be able to assist you with this step.)
Step 4: Create Calendar
- Create a 6-12 mos calendar, listing dates, themes, and agendas of each meeting.
- Consider using electronic tools (like Google Calendar or Excel) for easy sharing.
Step 5: Keep Contact
- Use Nextdoor.com to keep/share information and communicate with members and police.
Step 6: Feature Experts/Products
- Ask security professionals to showcase crime prevention techniques.
- Feature products that help neighbors prevent crime.
Step 7: Survey Results
- Present members with an online survey to find what parts of the meeting they find most helpful and what they would like to know more about.