Ring is proud to support a new initiative in Washington DC that empowers its residents to take a stand against crime.
As part of the District of Columbia’s “Safer, Stronger DC” initiative, the Metropolitan Police Department has launched an incentive program that offers rebates for any outdoor security camera installed on a DC building. Ring is excited to work with the District to get the word out and help DC residents fight crime in their community.
Ring has already worked with cities across the US to launch similar programs. Just this past year, Ring partnered with the LAPD and gave away Ring Video Doorbells to residents in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Wilshire Park. Over the next six months, that community saw a 55% reduction in burglaries.
We’re hoping that this program will generate similar results, but the initiative has limited funds, so residents need to act now to take advantage.
If you always wanted to try Ring out, or even if you already have a Ring device, now’s the best time to add an extra layer of security to your home for free. Ring Video Doorbells and Stick Up Cams equipped with Cloud Video Recording* are eligible for the rebate, and we even have specially priced Home Security Kits just for DC residents, so get yours before it’s too late.
Here’s what you need to know to qualify for the incentive program:
- DC will offer a $200 rebate for any camera purchased and installed after September 22, 2015
- Residential buildings that install multiple cameras can get as much as $500 in rebates
- All cameras must be registered with the Metropolitan Police Department
- Cameras must be capable of storing up to 10 days of recorded events
- Rebates are available until the $500,000 fund for the program is drained
* Cloud Video Recording services are available for $30/year or $3/month per device.