With the newest app update (iOS 2.3 and Android 1.4.3), all Ring customers can sign up for Cloud Video Recording and continue enjoying this premium feature. All Ring Doorbell users get to enjoy a 30-day free trial of Cloud Recording and then subscribe to a plan if they want to continue to view their recordings and use the premium feature. Cloud Recording is one of the key security features your Ring Video Doorbell has to offer; you can view and download up to 6 months of footage captured by your Ring Doorbell, and share those extra suspicious clips with local law enforcement or your neighborhood watch group and become a proactive member of your community.
We didn’t want to charge an arm and a leg in order for our customers to experience this added level of security, so Cloud Recording is only $3 a month or $30 a year for up for up to 6 months of storage. To sign up, simple visit the new “My Plan” section in the free Ring app after installing the app update.
iOS version 2.3.1 will include:
– Cloud Video Recording subscription options. You can new view “my plan” and add a credit card to your account.
– Improvements in user input fields.
– The app version is now visible in the login view, as well as in the hamburger menu.
– An option to display the wifi password as you input it during the setup.
– UI improvements in the hamburger menu.
– Crash reporting tool updated.
Android version 1.4.3 includes:
– Cloud Video Recording subscription options. You can now view “my plan” and add a credit card to your account.
– The overall device setup flow has been improved.
– Implementation of a handful of crash fixes
Learn more about Cloud Video Recording and the two different plans by clicking here, and don’t forget to sign-up today. Interested in understanding why Cloud recording can be right for you? Click here to learn more.